I always recommend setting up Google Search Console which was previously know as Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) on your website. This is very helpful in giving some insights into how Google are indexing your website, showing it in search results, what people are actually searching for and what they then click on.
Once you have this set-up you will probably want to give access to other people in your company or to the website consultants you work with, but how do you give someone else access to your Google Search Console?
Luckily giving another person access to Google webmaster tools is simple, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Google Search Console account by going to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home
- If you manage several websites you will now see a list of all your websites. Find the website that you want to grant access to and click on the little down arrow on the right of Manage Property. You will now see an Add or remove user option which you should click on.
- You will now be taken to the Users and Property Owners page
- Click the Add a New User button
- You will now see the Add a new user pop-up
- Enter the persons email address and select the permission level you want to grant. You can click on the blue text to see a complete description of what each of the permissions allows. When you are done, click Add
If you have any questions or I can help you with this please don’t hesitate to get in touch.