Website Maintenance & Support
I have created a website support & maintenance plan to protect clients web sites from the ever growing risk of being hacked and the reputational damage this can cause.
Once a website is live, it’s not only important to protect it from malware and hackers that can take your site down and damage your Google rankings but it’s also important to keep the software in the site updated and to make sure your web site as a whole is running quickly and efficiently.
The monthly support plan includes making sure that month to month your website is protected, updated, maintained, backed up, therefore saving you the constant worry about the security and integrity of your website so you can concentrate on running your business.
What’s including in my website maintenance & support plan?
The website maintenance & support plan covers 4 main areas:
1 - Software Updates & Optimisation
I will keep your website updated, maintained, cleaned and running smooth and fast.
- WordPress, theme monitored & updated
- Site cleared and optimized weekly
- Plugins monitored and updated
2 - Monitoring & Protection
Your site is monitored and protected from spam, malware and other Internet threats.
- Website protection
- Daily scanning
- Hackers & spam denied
- Website monitoring
3 - Backups & Restores
Your site is backed up weekly to our servers and can be restored at any time.
- Weekly website backups
- On & off-site backup locations
- Daily restore points
- Protects you from failure of your hosting provider
4 - Monthly Reports
I will send you a monthly report of your page views, site traffic and more.
- Monthly Analytics report of page views, site traffic details and more
- Detailed reports on what’s been done to keep your site updated and secure.
I offer to carry out any quick website updates you might have (up to 1hr) every month! You will have the peace of mind knowing that your site is safe and that you have me on standby for any quick updates or any issues you may have.
£45 per month for basic content only websites.
£65 per month for business content websites and small eccommerce websites.
£85 per month for ecommerce websites where products are frequently updated.
(Annual pricing option, pay for 11 months instead of 12, eg £495 p.a. for content only websites) From £75 per month for websites I didn’t buildNo contract lock in, set-up or exit fees
Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU OFFER WEB HOSTING + MAINTENANCE?
CAN YOU COMBINE SEO & WEBSITE MAINTENANCE?
ARE THERE ANY SET UP OR CANCELLATION FEES?
No there are no exit fee’s – you are free to leave at the end of the period you have paid for.
If we are building or redesigning your site; there is no setup fee if you are joining our maintenance program straight away as part of the project.
If it’s been more than six months since we built your site or if you have made changes to the site since we built it within those six months, there is a one off £99 setup fee.
If we didn’t build your site the setup fee starts at £199. Contact us to get a setup fee quote.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T SIGNUP FOR A WEBSITE SUPPORT CONTRACT
If you decide to decline our maintenance plan, there’s a lot that can go wrong. Here are the top reasons I recommend you make sure your website is maintained:
- The site will not be optimized which leads to poor performance, slow loading times and a gradual loss of Google SEO rankings.
- The site’s software, plugins, themes and WordPress itself will quickly go out of date which is the leading cause of website hacks. While WordPress and some plugins may update automatically this can often fail and not all components support automated upgrades.
- Without a plan in place to keep your website patched and secure you risk increased fines as prosecution by the ICO if a hack results in a GDPR breach.
- You will have no offsite backups or restore points so if the site get hacked or breached, you could lose all your content, pages and Google ranking, with no way to restore your website.
- You won’t get a monthly report overviewing your site traffic, page views, etc.
- Most importantly, you won’t have me to assist you with quick updates, website issues, etc. Often you’ll have to try getting a hold of your hosting company for any assistance and will have to deal directly with their technical support.
DOES MY MONTHLY UPDATE TIME ROLL OVER?
No sorry, it would make budgetting and planning my resources too difficult. The retainer of hourly updates is just covered for that month.
DO YOU PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR WOO COMMERCE?
Yes, I support Woo Commerce, and can include this in a maintenance plan for you. Please get in touch for a quote.
DO YOU PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR EMAIL AND DOMAIN NAMES?
Yes, I can support your email service where we host it or you have your hosting with SiteGround. Please get in touch for a quote.
WHAT IF MY SITE GETS HACKED WHILE ON THE PLAN?
If your web site gets compromised while you’re covered by my support plan – I will take care of restoring your website service to normal and I will investigate how the hack happened to prevent it happening again.
WHAT IF I HAVE UPDATES THAT REQUIRE MORE THAN 1 HOUR?
I will always try to get your updates done within 1 hour monthly allowance to save you some extra cost but if you have a large amount of updates, I will provide you with a seperate quote.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T HAVE A SUPPORT CONTRACT AND MY SITE GETS HACKED?
I would ask you to signup for the annual plan covering the next 12 months and you would quote for fixing the current situation to get you up and running again. My ability to fix your website will be limited by the backups you or your hosting company have available.
Would you like to start protecting your website?
If you would like an informal, no obligation chat, let me know